Staging appeals to buyers and helps them imagine themselves in your home. Rivertowns Staging showcases your home’s best features through simple, effective enhancements to furniture, décor and color that help to create an emotional bond with potential buyers.
In today’s market, you can’t just tidy the house and then put up a sign. Over 95% of buyers search for their new home online. Your home needs to look its best from the first time a buyer sees it online to the last time they visit in person.
Many homes are eliminated from consideration with the click of a mouse based on how they look in their photos. Staged homes look better in images than unstaged homes.
Living vs. Listing
Living in a home and listing a home are two totally different propositions. Your home may be decorated in a way that is comfortable and appealing to you, but buyers will have a different perspective.
Buyers won’t make an offer until they can visualize themselves living in a home.
Rivertowns Staging can help buyers searching for homes in lower Westchester make that emotional connection to your home by staging it to look as appealing as possible.
Emotional vs. rational decision making
Buying a home is both a rational and emotional decision. All things being equal—price, square footage and location—it’s the emotional connection that prompts buyers to choose one house over another. If a buyer can imagine a happy future living in your home, they will want to make an offer.
The better your home looks, the more people will fall in love with it and the more offers you will get.
The home that a buyer falls in love with is the home that they will make an offer on, and the one that they will be willing to pay more for.
Still have questions about staging? Click here to read answers to our most frequently asked questions.
“Rivertowns Staging brought out the best in our home and helped make the whole process of preparing it for sale easier and even fun! We sold it quickly and for almost 20% more than the real estate agent had estimated before it was staged.”
—Cate H., Irvington, NY
"Not sure if you’ve heard the news, but our house is sold! For waaaaay over asking price. Can’t thank you enough for the work you did here. We know that your work had a huge impact on the saleabilty and price we were able to get. "
—Kris K. Hastings-on-Hudson
Home Staging Statistics
The National Association of Realtors recently completed a survey of over 2300 real estate agents and found:
- 96% of agents report that home staging has at least some effect on a buyer’s view of the home. Home staging strongly affects a buyer’s perspective.
- 81% of buyers report that it is “easier to visualize the property as their future home when it is staged.” When buyers can visualize as house as their home, an offer is made.
- 45% of buyers’ agents say that it will positively impact the value of the home if it is decorated to a buyer's taste. Many buyers are unable to ignore decorative styles that don’t appeal to them.
- 37% of sellers' agents believe that staged homes increases the dollar value buyers are willing to offer by up to 5 percent. Home staging has a great ROI.
- 28% of buyers are more willing to “overlook other property faults” when a home is staged. When buyers can visualize themselves living in a home they are able to overlook obstacles.
- To see the full report click here. http://www.realtor.org/reports/2015-profile-of-home-staging